MCDC Grant Program
The Murphy Community Development Corporation strives to enhance the quality of life for the residents of the City of Murphy by participating in the development of parks, open spaces, community facilities, city beautification, and developing a vibrant economic base. MCDC seeks to maintain Murphy as a family oriented community that partners with the City administration to promote transparent operations, citizen involvement, and fiscal responsibility.
MCDC receives revenue from a half‐cent sales tax and awards grant funds for projects, promotional activities and community events that benefit the community, support economic development and promote the City of Murphy.
The Murphy Community Development Corporation and the City of Murphy City Council intends to grant funds, with a maximum of $2500.00 per grant, to a broad range of organizations each year. Possible recipients include community service organization projects and community enhancement projects that enhance the quality of life for the residents of the City of Murphy. Some projects could be eligible for a larger grant with the approval of the MCDC and City Council.
Community service organization projects and community enhancement projects are eligible for consideration in addition to projects as deemed eligible by the Murphy Community Development Corporation and the Murphy City Council. Community groups such as neighborhood/community groups, Girl/Boy Scouts, local church groups, Historical Society, Exchange Club, non-profit organizations and local businesses are eligible.
“Project” refers to community service organization project, community enhancement project, promotional activity, community event or a project/program deemed eligible by the Murphy Community Development Corporation and the Murphy City Council.
- “Project” must advance the goals of MCDC and City Council.
- “Project” must be open to the public.
- “Project” must be well‐planned with stated goals, objectives and evaluation measures that demonstrate impact to the community.
- The Applicant must own the land or facility where the proposed project will be located. If the Applicant does not own the land, written acknowledgement/approval from the property owner must be included with the application. The letter must document the property owner is aware of the proposed use of the property or facility; and the property owner has reviewed the project plan and application, approves and supports the efforts of the Applicant. “Project” must be in Murphy.
- Preference may be given to Applicants who have not received funding from MCDC within the previous 12‐month period.
- Preference may be given to Applicants who develop and demonstrate additional revenue sources and/or in kind resources to support “Project” for which grant funds are requested.
- Performance agreements will be required for all approved grants. Funds from grant must be spent in Murphy.
- Approved “Project” must be completed within one year, or consistent with Performance Agreement.
In addition to the details as described in the Guidelines Section above, applicants must submit a completed application that also includes:
- “Project” Summary with fund grant request amount and describing project goals, objectives and all applicable details. State if the project needs to be funded up front or if it can be invoiced after.
- Include project budget including total project cost as well as identifying any additional funding sources and/or in kind resources.
- Include details such as local involvement, volunteers, etc., and how this project impacts and enhances the City of Murphy community while continuing to develop a vibrant economic base.
- Any additional information as requested by the Murphy Community Development Corporation and the Murphy City Council.
Submittals must be delivered to City Hall located at 206 N. Murphy Road, 2nd Floor, Community Development. Once the submittal is complete, it will be scheduled for consideration by the MCDC Board, including a brief project presentation by the applicant.