Murphy Historical Cemeteries Murphy Family Cemetery (1872)
Also known as the William Andrew Murphy Cemetery, this cemetery holds the remains of Andrew Murphy and his wife Dorothy. It is located off of North Maxwell Road and sits on what was once the William Murphy farm. The cemetery is home to fewer than 30 graves, consisting of Mr. and Mrs. Murphy's daughters and their husbands.
This cemetery is maintained by the Murphy Historical society. For more information visit their website or email.
McMillen Cemetery (1901)
he McMillen cemetery was granted the Historic Cemetery Designation in 2012. This cemetery was created by Comfort Allen McMillen and his wife Lydia McMillen. The McMillen family also began the Corinth Presbyterian Church in their home and is now located in Parker, Texas. This small cemetery, with about 10 McMillen family members, is maintained by the Presbyterian Church.
To contact the Corinth Presbyterian Church visit their website or email.
Decatur, Maxwell, Murphy Cemetery (1853)
Located off of Maxwell creek, this is the largest and oldest cemetery in Murphy. In 1886, James Maxwell Jr. deeded the 3 acres for just $5. Today there are 300 graves with a majority of the graves being of young children, pioneering families and war veterans.
This cemetery is maintained by the Cemetery Association of Murphy. For more information visit their website or email.
Herring / Hogge Cemetery (1870s)
Herring / Hogge Cemetery is located a mile off of South Murphy Road and is home to roughly 20 graves, most of which are unmarked. The cemetery only contains the remains of 3 families who were all related by marriage; the Herrings, Hoggs and McAmis. This cemetery is in the most need of help out of the 4 Murphy Cemeteries.
This cemetery is also maintained by the Murphy Historical society. For more information visit their website or email.